Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wedding Aftermath

I have been remiss in posting to my blog ... there are so many hours in a day and I seem to fill them up easily. Summer was a hectic time - work, family visiting, my son's wedding, summer activities and finally my dog rescue. There are so many who need saving.

As promised though, here are pics of the wedding cake, cupcakes and box I designed for the cupcakes. The cake was a hit so the boxes were never needed!

Here's me with three of my grandchildren -And then Mr. Logan - he can be so serious sometimes.
The bride, Jen, and the groom, Rudy.
My family - this is just some of the immediate! We come from a big family. LOL.

Here's the cake. Rudy and Jen wanted a non-traditional cake without the bride and groom on top. Staying with the theme of the wedding, I put two seashells and a bouquet that matched Jen's bridal one. The cupcakes also matched with the cake, each having a rose and a chocolate seashell.
And finally the cupcake box. I bought the template from Lauren Meader and designed the box from there. It's hard to see but if you looked into the box, you would see a "beach scene" with sand and a seashell. The sand was replicated by sponging Stampin' Up's Close to Cocoa classic ink.

No comments: