Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The BIG Week

Friday my son Rudy is getting married. Family are coming in from all over, some here already. It's also the week for me to make their wedding cake. Of course it has to be the hottest week we have had all summer! LOL that is the kind of luck I have. After the wedding, I'll post pics of the cake and cupcake boxes I made to coordinate with their invitations I designed.

It's been lots of fun the previous week. My oldest son, Michael, returned from Afghanistan and is here visiting with my daughter-in-law and three grandchildren. Life doesn't get better! My three children and their families are all here together once again.

I have been looking for a frame to finalize a gift I made for my mother. She is a HUGE lover of wolves (who isn't?) and wanted to give her this. I started out with it as a card design but knew she would never part with it. So why not turn it into a picture where she can have it out to view at will? The hard part is that it's an odd size 5x5. I have been scouring the local stores for a few months now and could not find anything. Then the other night it finally dawned on me. Why not check the Internet? (A typical V-8 moment for sure). I found one and it arrived today! Just in the nick of time ...


The primary design is cased from Michelle Zindorf with a few changes. Take a moment to peruse her blog. This is one talented lady! The stamp is retired from Stampin' Up called Wolf. Love this set and look forward to using it more.

2 comments:

Susan Timmerman said...

I too LOVE wolves! That is a beautiful picture!

Felicia said...

Hi Karen congratulations on the news of the wedding and return of your son from Afghanistan. I look forward to seeing the cake pictures!