Friday, March 13, 2009

I am Swimming in Seashells!

I am in the midst of designing my son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law's wedding invitation. It's been a roller coaster ride; so many ideas have gone into the circular file. I finally came up with a design I really love.

Next came the decision for the base color. I originally went with Bashful Blue. I thought it was a great color for the Very Vanilla and Blush Blossom shells. I had a conversation last night with another SU demo (Hi Susan!) who gently nudged me out of my "box" to consider Baja Breeze (current In Color) or Sky Blue (retired 2007 In Color).

We all need a nudge now and then. I am so glad she did! I made up two more invites using these colors. Oh my! What a difference! Here's the three of them - Sky Blue, Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze.
Which one do you like best? I am interested to hear what everyone thinks. :-) Wait till you see the inside!This obviously depicts a seashore but lift the "wave" and there's a pocket for the reply card and directions! There are so many possibilities with this card. I can see it being used for a gift card holder as well.

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love how you did the inside. Can not tell you which blue is better, it is hard to see the difference.

Ashley Newell said...

These are beautiful! I really love them!

laos348 said...

First of all, these are beautiful! I like the subtle differences between the three blues - isn't it amazing how a change in color can be a big thing. My first reaction was the sky blue. Then as I looked at them again, I think the Baja Breeze won me over. I'll be curious to see which one you decide to go wuth.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

I love them all! It is hard to distinguish between the blues on my computer moniter, but they all look amazing! Great job!