Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Design Studio

I finished up my certification for Stampin' Up's new program - My Design Studio or MDS. I love the ease of use, the many facets you can use the program for, and of course having everything coordinate from stamps, to punches, to inks and paper. Don't allow anyone to tell you it is for scrapbookers only. You can create cards, DVDs, calendars, videos, slide shows, banners and buttons for your blog, including adding narration and music!

Did I mention the wonderful printing company SU has partnered with? This is a company that takes great pride in their work. Excellent quality of paper and their binding is exceptional. When you have an album bound by them, it is not what the industry calls a "Perfect Binding" where everything is glued together. Not this company - they put your pages into signatures and then sew them together. Adding strapping to your binding before encasing in a beautiful cover. This assures your album/book will last a lifetime.

One of my requirements was to make a card and send it to the printer. So I sat down to create a card for a family member who is sick at the moment. This is my card -

Being industrious, I decided to make the same card using my stamps and accoutrements. Here's the one I made -

I switched it around a bit and changed the ribbon but the design is still there. Now I'll compare the two when my printed card arrives.

No comments: