Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blog Candy and More

It's been a crazy busy time but hopefully (?) life will slow down a bit now. There is so much to tell; I don't know where to begin so I'll just dive in.

First, I have been hired by Sherrill Graff to make samples for her!!!! This is an honor and I am quite excited to participate. I received $150 in Stampin' Up products (including the hostess benefits!) in return for creating samples for her display board. The other talented ladies chosen are - Mary Brown, Elizabeth Hurst, Nancy Dawson, Lori Stigler and Debbie Flattum.Want to open yourself to this rewarding opportunity? Join The Late Night Stampers Group, create an album of your Stampin' Up only artwork. When Sherrill announces she is hiring, email her to let her know you want to participate. There are many who want to participate so make sure you show your best work. I have been busy making samples for her and will be showing them here so stay tuned.

Another activity I have been participating in was a "Punch Guide" swap. Stampin' Up has 43 punches now! The hostess, Kathleen Stubbs, had a wonderful idea to go with the swap - each punch is devoted to a member of our color families. I received my swap and was wondering how I could make this last for a while. Well I came up with this idea and expanded the Punch Guide to include all colored cardstock to combine into one nifty tool.Once this was put together, I realized it would be free standing.

Now I need to make a cover. Hmmm .... what to do? Stampin' Up has this new wonderful digital program coming out tomorrow called "My Design Studio." What a great way to move into this announcement! I designed the cover in MDS, printed it and cut to fit my project! How cool is that?

Blog candy time! I have an extra one of these and would love to give it away to one lucky person. Leave a comment on this post. On October 10th I will use Random Generator to select the winner. Please be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you.

31 comments:

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Thanks for the chance to win the blog candy, I can see why Sherrill hired you, your work is great! My email is melissa_riker@yahoo.com Your blog design is gorgeous too, thanks for sharing who did it!

Sue Root said...

Karen, this would be so cool to win. Thanks for offering the chance. In case I don't win, what type of plastic sleeve is around your samples? Thanks, Sue (stampin_sue@nc.rr.com)

Nadine Motes said...

WOW--43 punches that's GREAT--I love all the things that you can make as well as using them on your stamped creations...I'd love to win you blog candy also--my e-mail is mnmotes@rcom-ne.com

Thanks again,
Nadine Motes

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. terra5_1966@yahoo.com
Terry F.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Congratulations on the gig with Sherrill Graff, she is quite an amazing lady. I would love to see some of your samples, and also a chance to win the punch guide.
thanks for sharing
ceashark at g mail dot com
carolyn s

bizestampin said...

would be nice to win such a wonderful prize. Love your blog
Debi Pippin
bizestampin@tampabay.rr.com

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Blog Candy -- thanks for your generosity! I would sure love to win it!

Judy Jackson

judystamper at verizon dot net

Mary Davis said...

Thanks for the chance to win your blog candy. I would love to win it. I love your blog. What a gorgeous wedding cake. Looks like a light cameo coral and baja breeze! Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your talent. mdavis74@rochester.rr.com

Carey said...

I can see why Sherill hired you, great work. We are glad you are back posting. Thanks for the possibility of winning this great blog candy.

Carey
pedstamper at sbc global dot net

Janice Webb said...

Thanks for a chance to win your wonderful blog candy!

Love the lighthouse!

pam said...

This a great idea. Thanks for the chance to win. If I don't win are these available for purchase? Highhopefarm1@aol.com

Teri C said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the chance to win this awesome project!

Natalie said...

This is an awesome blog candy. Congratulations on being hired by Sherrill.

nanny23 said...

Hi Karen

I love your blog and I would love to win the punches!

thanks so much for the chance to win Blog Candy!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for the honor of being chosen for the design team! Thanks for sharing your ideas. That cover done on MDS is great! I need to play!
care2stamp@verizon.net
Carolee

Unknown said...

Now this is one nifty piece of blog candy! I am drooling. LOL
Sharon L

rush8888 said...

hired by sherrill! what a compliment! i would love to win this, because it would give me a chance to try out paper before ordering a whole package.

rush8888 said...

i forgot to add my email...
rush8888@att.net

HazelQ said...

That's very cool :) what a great idea! Congratulations on being hired and thank you for the chance to win this candy.
Have a lovely day :)
Hugs
Hazel

Michelle M said...

Congratulations on being selected for the design team!. And what a creative way to display your punch book! I would love the chance to receive your "spare." michellemerksamer at yahoo dot com

Joyce Spear said...

Your Christmas Jingle photo album turned out GREAT -- very colorful and very festive!

I also think your punch guide is a brilliant idea! I have my fingers crossed so that I win the blog candy -- otherwise I'll have to make one for myself!

Congrats on being hired by Sherrill! What an honor! I do hope you'll post your artwork before sending it in to her, as I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear
stamperjoyce at aol dot com

Ellen Kemper said...

ME! Me! Pick me oh random number generator!!!!!

Great job on the album and I know you will do an AWESOME job for Sheryl.

I think you have my email but just in case...

ellen.kemper@sbcglobal.net

robin boyer said...

What agreat idea and so nicely done. Thanks for the opportunity to win. Love the album. Rubber hugs
Robin

Linda Gilliam said...

Oh wow, how COOL is that?
I am a new demo and could SURE use it...thank you for the opportunity to win this Karen...I love your blog also, great inspiration here!

Karen said...

Karen,
I've really enjoyed all that you've shared with the LNS group and can see why Sherrill chose you to make samples for her. Your album is a great way to show case our wonderful scrappin' kits and your design does this beautifully. I look forward to seening what else you design for Sherrill. Thanks again for sharing,
Karen F.

Eileen said...

congrats on getting hired. Thanks for this opportunity to win such a useful tool
thanks
Eileen

pam said...

You did sucha great job on the photo album. I just love it. You also have a wonderful blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy. Rainbowdar@aol.com

Wanda in NC said...

Hope I'm not too late to get into the blog candy. Great project girl! Thanks for the chance to win.

megsmome said...

Wow! Both projects are great! Please sign me up I would love to win. Thanks for the offer of the blog candy. Tammy

Sandy Dandy said...

What a great idea. How do you come up with such good ideas. Hope I win.
Sandyford77@sbcglobal.net

Karen said...

what a great idea - love it!!