Sunday, April 26, 2009

Travel Along the Late Night Stampers Blogger Tour #2

4/27/09: Thank you everyone for making this a successful tour. I appreciate all of your comments. Comments are now closed for the "sweet treats," a.k.a. Blog Candy.

Welcome everyone! Hope you are comfy, relaxed and have a cuppa. Kick back and enjoy the tour. Remember your starting point - Tour #2, Stop # Lucky 13! If you have to leave before completing, please remember this tour is only available for the next 24 hours.

I am showcasing the Big Shot Matchbox XL Die #114890. I made a Chest of Drawers using my favorite Tea Party Designer Paper. Isn't it fabulous? I love the colors! The half pearls are from our Pretties Kit and the tiny daisies are from our Flower Fusion kit.

And a side view -
Next item is the perfect gift box using the same die. On this one I used our yummy Candy Lane Designer Paper. The rose is made using two of our fabulous ribbons - Riding Hood Striped Grosgrain and Whisper White Organza. I love the duo-tone colors coming from this rose. The Sizzlet Die - Little Leaves is perfect for the rose too.

It is always good to have some "sweet treats" when you are traveling. Not only being tasty, they give you energy to travel some more. For two lucky people who leave a comment before they move on, the two above items are being offered. Inside each one are some surprise items.

With Stampin' Up!'s current promotion - spend $40.00 on products from the Mini Occasions catalog and then select any one item from the "Under $10" page in the Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalogue for FREE! Can you think of a nicer way to "Getting Connected?" You're right, we feel the same way too!

Thank you to all of the members of the Late Night Stampers Group who put this tour together. If you want to join a group that is inspiring as well as uplifting, this is the one to join. Our Group Mom, Sherrill Graff, is fantastic. To join the group, click on the logo on my sidebar and it will take you right there.

Sadly this leg is completed but there is so much more to see! It is time to go to Stop #14 - Loni Spendlove who will be showcasing the Matchbox Messages stamp set. Wait till you see what she has designed ...

104 comments:

MJ said...

Great job. I have had this for over a week and have not had time to play with it yet. Can't wait, thanks for the ideas.

RaleneCreates said...

Awesome use of the Bigshot. Thanks so much for sharing all this. I'm loving this. I'm Rae from Texas MsRaes.Scrapbiz@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love the cute boxes. Just got the die and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the great ideas!

Deb
mapawood@grm.net

Pam said...

Excellent job and great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Love your projects! Thanks for sharing!

Teri C said...

Very nice site. Thanks for sharing.

Bethany Keeney said...

Very pretty! I really like the Tea Party DSP. Thanks for the tour.

bethanykeeney@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Oh my what wonderful creations you've made with the matchbox die. I love, love, love the one with the ribbon die!

Joyce (joycewow at wowway dot com)

Barb S. (FL) said...

Your use of this die is fantastic. I don't own it (noticed I said yet) but hope to soon..
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love this chest of drawers! So cute. I could see using this for a lot of things!
terriavidreader@yahoo.com

Brenda said...

Love the little chest of drawers! Need to check out this die.

Anonymous said...

The flower you put on the second box is absolutely stunning! Love your use of color and how exquisite these look! I'm faving you!

MaryR said...

love your projects here

Anonymous said...

love your choice of paper woth the boxes
Eileen(emcclean@telus.net)

Jackie said...

Sweet! Love your projects and this tour is great fun. Really filling my head with all the wonderful sites. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

Super cute! Love this die!

Deborah said...

Love the boxes! And how did you make the rose? Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessing,
craftydeb2@msn.com

Elaine said...

What wonderful projects.Great work

Anonymous said...

I love the boxes done in this paper. Also love the ribbon roses.
Diane

phylliszart@yahoo.com said...

Very pretty paper; I have wanted to create one of those chest of drawers! And I love the ribbon rose! Phyllis

Kate Cecil said...

I love your ideas! Thanks for the beautiful samples!! thanks for sharing in the blog tour fun.

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love your projects! The ribbon rose on the last box is amazing!

Becky said...

Gorgeous boxes, and I love the design paper, and that is a gorgeous ribbon.

Audrey said...

What beautiful papers to showcase with the matchbox die! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Blessings,
Audrey

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that rose you made - terrific! Thanks for sharing!!

Sharon
skmcneely@sbcglobal.net

Charla said...

Very talented!! Thanks for the tour!

manybooks said...

Great projects - thanks for participating in the tour - i'll be back to your blog for sure!

carolm said...

beautiful projects. the rose is incredible!!!! love it.

cheers ~ carol marbach

Pammybaby said...

Oh, these are great! WHY didn't I order Tea Party DSP???

KellyRae said...

Fun projects, I especially love your drawer 'pulls' made with the flatback pearl & bitty flower AND the duo-colored ribbon rose. The little matchboxes are darling. Thanks very much for the tour top.

carol hager said...

Karen,

I read your profile...sounds like we could be best buds! I am an avid reader, have two grown children that make me a bit proud, three grandchildren, a hubby and our beloved but crazy dog--Harley--a Yorkie! I need to play more with this die cut. Did you get the premium crease pad for this? Thank you for sharing... I will be back!

Wendy said...

Your "rose" is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Stampin'Kat said...

Love your matchbox chests . Great color combos and the embellishments just make it even better.

Terri in Texas said...

I think the little Chest of Drawers is so cute. You even used my very favorite designer paper for it. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE that ribbon bow! Great projects!

Lori Stilger said...

Happy Tour Day! :D
Yes, that ribbon rose box is my fave - such beautiful work!!!!
Have a wonderful day!

Carol Smith said...

Loved your stop on the tour.........

Gramrussell said...

This is reaaly nice!

Unknown said...

Karen, What can I say but WOW, just beautiful! Your work is flawless! Thank you so much for taking part in the tour!
Diane

Wendy Kidd said...

These projects are so girly and gorgeous! I love, love, love the ribbon rose!

Staci said...

Great boxes! I really love the pearly handles on the chest of drawers!

Debbie said...

Very nice, thank you for sharing!

Debbie
Dklessley2@aol.com

Diana said...

hope you do this again, very fun!!
akadi14@aol.com

Scot Strehlow said...

How clever!!! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration!!!

Elizabeth Terry said...

So cute!The matchbox die is on my wishlist..will definitley have to try and make that cute little 'chest'.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Beautiful, and I love the knotted ribbon accent on the last box. how in the world did you do that? thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

carolyn s

Wynona said...

Love this die- on my list to buy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects.
Robbijune@yahoo.com

ThreadCatcher said...

Great projects; I just love all that can be done with this die! Thanks for sharing. jmniffer

Anonymous said...

Too too cute!! Love those projects, might have to put them on my list for the weekend :) Thanks for sharing!! Deepa.Mishra (at) utah.edu

Cam said...

I love those boxes and the DSP that goes with them. Thanks for sharing.
ctcao@earthlink.net

Heather A said...

Lovely projects. That ribbon rose is amazing! TFS.

Kat said...

I love your projects. this die is my favorite thing out of the new mini & I am always looking for new projects. I especially live the rose on the top of the box, very cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great looking chest of drawers. Thanks for sharing.
Regina
busyworkn@att.net

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great box, gotta get that die out and give it a whirl! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love your projects using the matchbox die. I was on Tour 1 and used that die too. I love them! That rose with the ribbon is awesome!

Linda said...

Fabulous ideas! Amazing craftmanship! Love them both!

dhagberg2000 said...

Tea Party is one of my new fave DP's. Your use of it for the chest is just darling! Thanks!

Krista said...

I've seen these chest of drawers on quite a few blogs, and I love them! thanks for sharing your projects.

Anonymous said...

probably going to have to buy this matchbox die!
Barbara
Carr777@msn.com

Jenn D said...

Your matchboxes are fabulous, but that ribbon rose with the striped ribbon is stunning!

Alicia L. (OK) said...

I absolutely love the chest of drawers. I have not seen them before. They are adorable. I also love the Tea Party DP. The colors are perfect.
Alicia
aklong@swbell.net

Karen said...

Your projects were precious. I simply must know how to do that rose! It was outstanding. Thanks for hosting a stop on the tour. I enjoyed my stay!

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

Your projects are fantastic! Love those boxes! Thank you for sharing!

Susan Timmerman said...

You know...when I first say this die I didn't think I'd use it so I didn't buy it! Needless to say I will be buying it now! BEAUTIFUL projects!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness the rose from the ribbon is beautiful. Do you have instructions? Bev
my email is dino2bev@comcast.net

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Love what you did with this diecut. Great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

denise_in_pa@embarqmail.com

Deb B said...

I love the dsp's you used, and I am so in love with the chests done with the matchbox die. Don't have that one yet, but may have to try making some the old fashioned way so I can make some of these chests.
Deb B.
stampindebs at aol dot com

Taylor Chase Graham said...

Oh, I just LOVE your little boxes!! What a beautiful ribbon rose!
Thanks so much for sharing, Alicia

Jamie A. said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

kchristensen said...

I want the chest of drawers box (or at least the instructions for the wrap around piece. It's the cutest thing I've seen so far on the tour. I love that dsp!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I love the chest of drawers you made out of the matchboxes...and the rose on the treat box is great!
Cindy Ferenz
stampndragon@comcast.net

STAMPIN4TK said...

Yes, these are fantastic boxes. The first is my fav!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog tour. Love your boxes! Love the ribbon rose.
cindyb

Sharon Canter said...

Your projects are wonderful! Maybe sometime you can share how to make that beautiful ribbon rose!

Jeannie said...

I love the boxes you made! Any chance on a tutorial for the ribbon rose? (or a link as to where to find it?) jvn89@aol.com

Kim's Life said...

Just love the matchbox project! thanks!

Barbara said...

Oh! These are wonderful! I've just got to pull out my Matchbox Die and play....you've inspired me!

Joyce Spear said...

I am WOWed by the chest of drawers made with my (favorite) Tea Party DSP. I *NEED* it, LOL!
(Can you tell I'm hoping you pick me to receive it?)
Smiles,
StamperJoyce at AOL dot com

Betty Kincannon said...

Your boxes are fabulous, I love this matchbox die. Thanks for sharing and being part of the Tour!!

angels@gci.net

Anonymous said...

Karen-

Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects!

Julie A.

Carol Parcell said...

absolutely gorgeous projects....can't wait to get my die!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Thank you so much for sharing on this tour!!! I LOVE the Chest of Drawers!!! I've got to try this....

Thanks again,
Faith
callfaith@wildblue.net

Leslie said...

Oh so cool!!!I love your style! Thanks for doing this! What a great Monday this has been!

thestampinglady said...

Your little boxes are just so nice. I love the dsp you selected to make them. Thanks for being a part of the tour. I am coming back to visit another time too! dar

Mary Davis said...

Great projects. I love the designer series paper Tea Party. I loved this tour.

Polished Moxie said...

Great job. Really liked your projects.

Anonymous said...

Loved your work! Thanks for sharing! (Joyce L.at alloy4@pa.net)

TABray said...

I can't wait to get this die! It's on my list and now I have all this great inspiration!

Cindy said...

I love your ideas, they are so amazing and the paper is so beautiful.

Cindy
chardin77@comcast.net

Unknown said...

I am going to have to break down and add this die to my list! Great projects.

Unknown said...

This die is on my wish list-thanks for the great ideas!

thinker said...

your boxes are just too cute! love them!!!

rush8888 said...

i NEED the matchbox stamp kit and die cut!!!! i like to make little things, and this is what i need to make!

abbartski said...

How cool are those little drawers!!!
Stay well,
AnnMarie
imstamphappy@optonline.net

Linda Willman said...

Fantastic idea! I love this little chest of drawers!

Scraprelief said...

Love the chest of drawers, what a fabulous idea. Love it. Julie

Unknown said...

I love the boxes! Will definitely save up for the die! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Love that little rose bow.

Anonymous said...

Fun stop but unfortunately only 20 mins left. Bye!

Susan Gibbons said...

I love this die, can't wait to order one! And the paper-beautiful!

A Touch of SOL said...

Hey Blogging Star Sister. This is beautiful. GREAT JOB. Have a GREAT week!

Lorita said...

Karen,
I really like the ribbon rose. Mine never turns out that pretty. I guess I need to keep practicing. Would love any tips you can share.
Lorita

Jennifer Talley said...

These are all very cute! Love the ribbon rose the best!