Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Funky Card

It's like Christmas all over again whenever a package comes in from Stampin' Up. My sets came in from the Occasions Mini Catalog coming out April 1st (watch for some cute creations from this), a few embellishments, and dies for my Big Shot. One item I was eagerly anticipating was the Fifth Avenue Floral set (#113734). Like all the other sets, paper and embellishments Stampin' Up has, the diversity and compatability are A++++ in my book.




I stamped the Manhattan Rose four times and water colored with Rose Red. While the paper was still damp, I cut out different sections to let the paper naturally curl upwards. After it was dry, I paper pieced it. Dribbled some Crystal Effects (#101055) around and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds (#102023) to get a dew effect.

I cut the stem from the Sizzix Die - Stampin' Up Little Leaves (#114511). Using the 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425), I applied to the stem only. This gave me the freedom to bend the leaves to the desired shape.

The torn frame was made using a 5x4 piece of Chocolate Chip (#100908) cardstock. Distress all of the edges, separate the layers of paper and curl inwards. The background paper and inside layer is Very Vanilla (#101650).

Stamp sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Very Versatile, and Level I Hostess God's Beauty
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Rose Red Classics
Cardstock: Chocloate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla and Whisper White
Other: Distressing Tool, 2-way Glue Pen, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua Pen, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot, and Little Leaves Sizzix Die

14 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

This is beautiful! I love how you colored the rose...very pretty! I just got this set last week! Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

Beautiful flower, and the inside is just as beatiful.

Gramrussell said...

Very pretty. Love what you did with th leaves!

Cindy said...

I love the rose...very nice job with the coloring. I love getting packages, too!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Beautiful! I jusy got my SU package too...Thanks for inspiring me!

Alison Anderson said...

Great rose! I love what you did with the inside!

laos348 said...

I am seeing this set a lot and every time, I think I want it more and more! You did a very pretty job with the rose and I like how you carried that over to the inside of the card.

Ashley Newell said...

This is very pretty!

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Nice coloring on the rose, Keep the good work.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

WOW-I love the way you did the rose-great dimension & depth! Beautiful on both!

Gramrussell said...

Lovely card! Nice coloring!

Rosie Lilya said...

BEAUTIFUL! I didn't like this set at first, but the more I see it used, the more I really liek it!

Colleen Porter said...

The Rose is Beautiful!! Very nice card

Gramrussell said...

Wow! Your coloring is just great!