Thursday, February 5, 2009

Challenge #5

On the Late Night Stampers group we were challenged to use the colors Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy and Riding Hood Red. We can make any design as long as we use these colors and only current Stampin' Up products. This is an excellent group for Stampin Up demos. Sherrill Graff is an 18 year demonstrator who shares so much positive and productive steps to inspire us to be better not only as a demonstrator but as a productive member of society.

Okay back to this challenge. A bit difficult for me as I have so many wonderful tools I could use but need to stay within the parameters set.

It's not perfect, need to practice my paper piercing but I really like how well this turned out. The card is the Stand Alone Technique from Pat Huntoon's current Technique Junkies newsletter. I really love this publication as it pushes you to think outside the box. If you are interested click on the link and check it out. Subscription is low cost; you receive a beautiful newsletter printed in a rich and colorful high glossy paper. Another cool thing, members have access to the online edition with step-by-step directions and artworks created by her uber talented design team.

If you subscribe to either of these, please tell them I sent you. Thanks!

15 comments:

Alison Anderson said...

Great flowers! I love it!

laos348 said...

Those colors look great together! I've been a long time subscriber of the TJ Newsletter - love when it comes in the mail.

Becky said...

What a wild card :), I love how you pulled these colors together, and your flowers are gorgeous.

Cindy said...

Great card and I'm glad you mentioned Tech Junkies...I have been considering ordering - now I shall! tfs

xiumaiyuki said...

Those colors look great together!!! I love the flowers as well! Very pretty. And congrats on becoming an SU! demo!

Felicia said...

Very pretty card and nice colors too!

Unknown said...

What an unusual shape. Never thought of this before. Great card and fab colours.

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Great card and great color combination. I may join the newsletter, so will make sure to mention you.

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Cute card!

Gramrussell said...

Eyecatching shapes and colors! Lovely!

Jennifer Talley said...

Wow, what a fun challenge! Great job with this one.

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Nice card, the color and shape is outstanding. Keep the good work.

Colleen Porter said...

Great Job! I love cards that use other shapes & this is a great example! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for promoting our challenges and for sharing your artwork with all of us. I love that you have told others about Latenightstampers - our SU demo group. So glad we have great members like you!